Paléo sorts its waste and avoids wastage
The Festival produced 264 tonnes of waste in 2019, or around 1kg per person present on the site. The "Aspirators" team cleans the site and sorts all waste generated by the Festival. Dressed in green, they also clean the toilet facilities and make sure that the numerous dustbins around the site do not overflow with rubbish. Thanks to the work of "Aspirators", 55% of this waste was recycled. In the future, the Festival wishes to increase this percentage.
Since 2019, Paléo has been strengthening its fight against food waste and collaborating with Too Good To Go. Unsold food is thus consumed and does not end up tragically wasted.
Our key measures :
• Giving our equipment a second life
• Restoration of the soils (including collection of micro-waste, such as cigarette butts)
• Installation of dedicated bins (Pet, Alu, waste, glass) all over the site
• Provision of waste reception centres for stalls to encourage sorting/recycling
• Ban on the distribution of flyers and samples by partners
• Introduction of a system of reusable drinking cups with deposit
• Communication and information material printed only on recycled paper
• 2018: in all Paléo food stalls and bars, plastic straws are replaced by biodegradable straws made with starch
• 2019: Too Good To Go and Paléo are collaborating! Unsold food is thus consumed and does not end up tragically wasted.
• 2022: Implementation of a returnable and washable tableware system to reduce single-use plastic.